An old GM Nohab from the Danish state railways DSB being scrapped at the TÅGAB
repairs shop in Kristinehamn, Sweden. Picture 29.6.2016 by Ilkka Siissalo.
Earlier updates of the site
- 28.2.2018 Added a new section for Romania. Published a lot of new pictures from Poland.
- 26.2.2018 Added a new section of Zambia Railways Ltd.
- 20.2.2018 Published new pictures from Sri Lanka.
- 19.2.2018 Added a new section for the Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority TAZARA.
- 7.2.2018 Added a new section for trains of Kenya.
- 4.2.2018 Published more pictures from Poland.
- 3.2.2018 Added a new section for North Korea.
- 1.2.2018 Added more pictures of diesel and electric passenger trains of Poland.
- 30.1.2018 Added a lot more pictures from Poland.
- 26.1.2018 Added new pictures from Finland, Hungary and Serbia.
- 23.1.2018 Added just one picture from Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Created new categories for trains of China, Japan and Sri Lanka and published some new photos in these. Published new pictures
in the categories Poland -> broad gauge and Poland -> cargo trains of PKP cargo.
- 17.1.2018 Published a new category of South Korean trains.
- 3.1.2018 Added new pictures from Hungary.
- 27.12.2017 Created a new category for Hungary and started publishing new pictures there.
- 26.12.2017 Published more tram pictures from Lisbon, Portugal.
- 24.12.2017 Published new pictures into the category Portugal -> trams, metros and funiculars. We wish a Merry Christmas to all the readers !
- 10.12.2017 Published a lot more pictures of Slovenian trains.
- 7.12.2017 Added new categories for Serbia, Georgia, Slovenia and Algeria, but there is not yet much content in them.
- 6.12.2017 Published a really nice set of VR Vectron class Sr3 pictures in the category Finland-electric locomotives. Scroll to the bottom
of the long page to see. Pictures are from our friend Peider Trippi from Switzerland.
- 30.11.2017 Created a new category "Russia", but there are not yet very many pictures in it.
- 26.11.2017 Publshed a large set of really nice pictures from Belarus by Markku Salo. Updated the category Israel to use 600pix
wide thumbnail pictures.
- 16.11.2017 Published again a lot of pictures from Poland, especially into the category Poland -> narrow gauge
- 15.11.2017 Published more pictures from Poland, especially in the category Poland -> regional electric trains.
- 14.11.2017 Published new pictures in the categories Poland -> Trams and Poland -> private cargo trains.
- 6.11.2017 Started revamping the French sections and published a lot of new material there. More will follow...
- 13.10.2017 Published a new page of the Warsaw metro, see Poland -> Metro of Warsaw. Published also a picture of a funicular in Baku, AZ.
- 10.10.2017 Published new pictures from Poland plus some from Portugal.
- 21.9.2017 Published a totally new section of Kosovo based on pictures of Markku Salo.
- 17.9.2017 Published new pictures of trams as well as electric and diesel multiple units of Poland.
- 7.8.2017 Published a number of new pictures in the categories Poland/trams and Poland/InterCity
- 6.8.2017 Published more pictures from Poland as well as steam locomotive pictures from Finland.
- 2.8.2017 Published a lot of new pictures from Poland.
- 1.8.2017 Published new pictures from Latvia and Lithuania. Created new categories for trains and trams of Poland and started
publishing first Polish pictures.
- 26.7.2017 Published a lot of new material in the categories under "Lithuania" including a new category for narrow gauge trains.
- 25.7.2017 Continued updating the categories under "Finland".
- 21.7.2017 Continued updating the categories under "Finland" and published some new pictures there.
- 30.6.2017 Updated the categories Finland -> electric locomotives, diesel locomotives and EMUs and added new pictures there.
- 20.6.2017 Added a new page of trains of Armenia. Special thanks to Timo Varshukov and Pentti Yli-Karjanmaa.
- 30.5.2017 Published a lot more pictures from Lithuania.
- 29.5.2017 Added a new section on the trains of Lithuania. Added also more pictures to the category Estonia -> Lavassaare narrow gauge railway museum.
- 26.5.2017 Added a new page of trains of Azerbaijan, with only a few pictures at this stage.
- 26.5.2017 Added a new section of the trains of Ukraine based on photos of Juha Mannila. Thanks Juha !
- 21.5.2017 Added a new page of the narrow gauge railway museum in Lavassaare, Estonia. Added also other new pictures
- 5.5.2017 Published a new page Latvia -> Aluksne-Gulbene narrow gauge railway, added a lot of pictures there as well as to
other pages under "Latvia"
- 4.5.2017 Added a new category of Belarusian state railways trains.
- 27.4.2017 Added new pictures in category Finland -> diesel multiple units.
- 18.4.2017 Added a new page of trains in railway museums of Riga and Gulbene in Latvia.
- 13.4.2017 Added a new page of pictures of trams of Latvia.
- 11.4.2017 Added a new category "Latvia" and a lot of new pictures under it.
- 29.3.2017 Added new pictures under category "Estonia", new locotractor pictures to "Finland -> diesel"
- 27.3.2017 Added new pages for Estonia and started publishing new pictures there.
- 23.3.2017 Added a lot of pictures from Portugal.
- 14.3.2017 Redesigned all categories under "Portugal" (except category "trams") and added a lot of pictures there.
- 2.3.2017 Added some new pictures from Seattle into the categories United States -> monorails and -> light rail and trams.
- 22.2.2017 Published a lot more pictures of the special Panama canal ship pulling locomotives called mules.
- 21.2.2017 New look and feel to all pages under "United Kingdom". New pictures added there. New page "Panama Canal railway".
A lot of new pictures published under United States -> BNSF and that category revamped to totally new look & feel similar to the UK pages.
- 29.1.2017 Published again a lot of new pictures from Germany.
- 28.1.2017 Published again a lot of pictures to the categories under "Germany", especially Germany -> electric trains of DB
- 18.1.2017 Added new pages for Luxemburgian and Swiss trains in Germany as well as a page of steam locomotives in Germany.
- 14.1.2017 Published a nice picture of an old class 3600 electric locomotive of CFL Luxembourg at Luxembourg -> CFL electric
- 5.1.2017 Published again a lot more pictures from Germany and also some nice tram pictures from Helsinki, Finland,
taken by Anne Teirisalo.
- 3.1.2017 Started a redesign of the category "Germany" and started publishing a lot of new pictures there. More will follow.
- 2.1.2017 Published a lot more pictures in categories Austria -> trams, Austria -> electric, some in Austria -> misc.
Revamped all the pages under "Belgium" to show now 600 pix wide pictures. Published a lot of new pictures from Belgium.
- 31.12.2016 Updated all the pages under "Austria" so that they show now the larger 600pix pictures
instead of small thumbnails.
- 29.12.2016 Started changing the already renovated pages so that instead of 150pix thumbnails visitors
can immediately see 600 pix wide pictures. Updated "Australia" to this new look & feel.
- 22.12.2016 Published a new section Luxembourg with several pages and a lot of new pictures.
- 6.12.2016 Published a new page United States -> Amtrak. Added some pictures to the US -> light rail page.
- 5.12.2016 Added a new page with new pictures of Metrolink, southern California, United States -> Metrolink
- 4.12.2016 Added new sections on Florida Central Railroad and New Jersey Transit under "United States".
Finalised the page on US light rail, trams and metros. Cleaned the rest of the US pages.
- 27.11.2016 Added a new section United States -> Northwest railway museum, Snoqualmie, Washington state
- 22.11.2016 Published new pictures in United States -> BNSF and United States -> monorails
- 16.11.2016 Added a new section on railways of Cambodia as well as pictures of some Finnish
museum railcars and other old equipment into Finland -> miscellaneous
- 6.11.2016 Added a new section on Israeli Railways.
- 3.11.2016 Started revamping the category USA and the subcategory BNSF under it.
- 20.10.2016 Added again quite many older pictures from Denmark and some from Sweden
- 19.10.2016 Added a new category and pictures of metro of Copenhagen (Denmark -> metro)
- 11.10.2016 Revamped the category Denmark -> S-tog of Copenhagen and published new pictures there
as well as the categories Denmark - diesel and Denmark - private.
- 8.10.2016 Published some nice tram photos from Helsinki, Finland, taken by Anne Teirisalo. See Finland -> Trams of Helsinki
- 30.9.2016 Published yet again new pictures from Denmark.
- 27.9.2016 Published again new pictures from Denmark, especially in the category Denmark -> diesel.
- 20.9.2016 Added again a lot of pictures from Denmark.
- 19.9.2016 Revamped the category Denmark and published a lot of new material there.
- 4.9.2016 Added pictures from Inlandsbanan AB to the category Sweden -> Private operators' locomotives
- 3.9.2016 Added again a large number of new pictures in almost all categories under "Norway".
- 2.9.2016 Published a set of pictures from the world famous Unesco world heritage site Flåm, Flåm railroad
and the Flåm railroad museum into Norway -> other museum railways and railway museums
- 29.8.2016 Added some recent pictures to categories Finland -> electric, Finland -> EMU and Finland -> Trams of Helsinki.
- 26.8.2016 Added some steam locomotive pictures at Finland->steam locomotives. Corrected typos and mistakes.
Created a new category Norway -> Other museum railways and railway museums and published a set of pictures from
the Gamle Vossebanen near Bergen there.
- 25.8.2016 Added a few very recent pictures in the categories Finland->EMU, Finland->trams and Finland->miscellaneous.
- 23.8.2016 Added a category Norway -> National railway museum and a lot of pictures in it.
- 17.8.2016 Added pictures of the new 3rd generation metro train of Helsinki into the category Finland -> Metro of Helsinki
- 16.8.2016 Revamped the category Norway -> Metro of Oslo and published a series of new and better pictures there. Deleted some of the worst 20+ years old stuff.
- 12.8.2016 Published pictures of the famous historic saloon coach where Der Führer Adolf Hitler and marshal Mannerheim met in 1942.
The pictures can be found at Finland -> Miscellaneous coaches.
- 8.8.2016 Published a page of trams in Norway. There are now also a lot of Norwegian trains published.
- 3.8.2016 Started editing the category "Norway" and publishing new pictures there.
- 28.7.2016 Published yet again a lot of pictures from Sweden.
- 26.7.2016 Added again new pictures under the categories "Sweden".
- 20.7.2016 Added again massive amounts of new pictures under the categories "Sweden".
- 19.7.2016 Renovated several catogories under "Sweden" and added tens of new pictures there.
- 18.7.2016 Started renovating the category Sweden and published a lot of material undel the SL (Storstockholms Lokaltrafik) pages
- 24.6.2016 Added a lot of new pictures under the categories under "Belgium".
- 22.6.2016 Edited the category "Belgium" to the new look and feel and started adding new pictures there.
- 15.6.2016 Added a LOT of pictures to categories under "Austria" and some to "Australia".
- 3.6.2016 Edited the category "Austria" to the new design and created new subcategories under it with
a lot of new pictures.
- 1.6.2016 Edited the category "Australia" and everything under it to the new look and feel.
- 30.5.2016 Added a new category "Finland - trams" and published a selection of pictures there.
- 25.5.2016 Created a new category for Russian trains in Finland (Finland -> russian). Added pictures to most categories under "Finland".
- 23.5.2016 Updated the categories Finland-electric and Finland-diesel and added many pictures there.
- 20.5.2016 Continued with the subcategories under "Finland", e.g. Allegro, DMUs, EMUs, coaches. Added pics in all.
- 19.5.2016 Launched new look and feel of the first page, the Finland page and Fenniarail page under it. Added some pics there.